Monday, April 22, 2013

On Your Reading List


Every once in a while I make a book or film recommendation for those starting their medical careers. I recently found an old book that positively influenced me years ago: A Leg to Stand On by Dr. Oliver Sacks. Many of us know Sacks' popular works (The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, Awakenings), but this is a lesser known book that has a lot to offer. In it, Sacks is the patient, and he describes being a physician in the uncomfortable sick role, exploring this vulnerable position. It's worth a read.

On a different note, I am currently booking several weeks in advance for Strategy Sessions. If you are planning to schedule one with me, I would recommend you do so very soon, so you can secure an appointment time that works best for you.

Check me out at www.InsiderMedicalAdmissions.com