Monday, February 19, 2024

This Has Been a Weird Cycle

I founded Insider Medical Admissions in early 2007, and, looking back, I'm struck by the fact that this is one of the longest medical school admissions cycles I remember. What I mean by that is I have applicants who were admitted to medical school in early fall, and, simultaneously, there are some who are still being invited for interviews at top schools, scheduled for this month and early March.

I've seen late invitations in the past, but they were few and far between. This year, it seems almost routine to be interviewing into the late winter.

If you're facing an interview this month or next, check out a couple of articles I wrote for Student Doctor Network years ago that have survived the test of time: One is about how to skillfully manage difficult interview questions and the other will teach you how to transform your candidacy's liabilities into assets

I'm still offering mock interviews this cycle, so contact me for help.