Monday, February 4, 2013

Re-Applicants, A Daunting Task Lies Ahead


Re-applying to medical school, residency, or any other medical program is painful. I saw "Secret Ingredient for Success," a New York Times piece about self-examination, a few weeks ago and thought of those candidates who will face re-application in the next few months. In re-approaching the admissions process, it helps to have someone with expertise, experience and perspective to assess candidates' weaknesses and to propose new approaches.

A few years ago, I successfully assisted a medical school applicant who had previously been wait listed four years in a row! Here's her remark to me about her successful year after getting my input:
"Every...interview that I attended... offered [me] a spot in next year's class- including my number one school! And, remember, I had interviewed and was wait listed four times in previous application cycles!"
HD, medical school applicant

Consider contacting me for a Strategy Session and for editing assistance to avoid repeating mistakes during your next application cycle.